Which stainless steel mobile vessel design variants exist?
Mobile vessels primarily differ in terms of its stand type, which depends mainly on the dimensions and weight of the vessel. The following design types of mobile vessels are most common:
- Mobile stainless-steel vessels positioned on wheels: the most common design, used for small pharmaceutical preparation / batch vessels or pilot plant vessels; high flexibility through simple internal transportation (this design is practical up to a maximum of 1000-1500 liters volume)
- Mobile stainless-steel vessel positioned on a forklift base: can be accessed 2 or 4-sided by a forklift, therefore easy to handle; advantageous for volumes that are difficult to move on wheels
- Mobile transport container: positioned on a galvanized transport frame, ideal for road transport
Mobile vessels positioned on a frame with wheels are usually equipped with a total of 4 wheels, 2 castor and 2 fixed wheels. It should be noted that for application fields in hazardous areas (ex-zone), the wheels need to have a discharge capacity. For applications with increased specific weights, it likewise needs to be verified that the load capacity of the wheels is sufficiently high.
Benefits of mobile stainless-steel vessels
Behälter KG offers a wide range of used stainless steel mobile vessel and transport tanks – all of them are immediately ready for worldwide delivery and affordable in comparison to a brand-new custom-made product.
Mobile vessels are often constructed very manually and customer-specific, since the reliable construction on a suitable frame and wheels can hardly be automated. Also, most mobile vessels are designed for sterile use as laboratory vessels or pharma batch vessels. As a result, many second-hand mobile vessels are equipped with electropolished surfaces, high-quality stirring technology or GMP-compliant fittings. These otherwise very expensive characteristics can thus be purchased at a fraction of the original cost, by selecting a second-hand stainless-steel vessel.
Various mobile vessels can also be used as cooking kettles or pilot plant vessels due to an electric heating jacket or a double jacket for hot water. As we source almost exclusively used pharmaceutical mobile vessels in the German-speaking region, our second-hand vessels have a long service and demonstrate excellent material processing and manufacturing quality.
Brand new mobile vessels and transport tanks - standardized product groups
We offer several high-quality standardized mobile vessels and transport tanks, that we pre-produce and keep in stock for short lead times. This includes both vessels positioned on wheels, as well as on a forklift base. These are our most popular standardized product groups:
- SDE flexmix positioned on forklift-base: open mobile vessel, 4-sided accessible for forklifts (300 - 1150 liter)
- SDE flexmix positioned on wheels: open mobile vessel, positioned on 4 solid wheels (300 - 1150 liter)
- Transportable container: closed container, stackable, in a galvanized transport frame (500 – 1500 liter)
All mobile vessels & tanks are also available heated, insulated or with suitable mixing technology. We can offer various types directly from stock, otherwise with short delivery times from our factory.
Custom-made brand-new mobile vessels
For specific requirements, we offer custom-made mobile vessels and transport tanks – at an attractive price point and with short delivery times. We would be happy to make you an offer according to your specifications, contact us by using our
Our production range covers the whole range of mobile vessels, whereby we can rely on over 50 years manufacturing experience in stainless steel tanks. Design options include for example:
- Mobile stainless-steel vessels positioned on wheels (also double-walled or with agitator, if required)
- Mobile stainless-steel vessels positioned on a forklift base (also double-walled, pressure-resitant or with agitator)
- Agitated mobile vessels (electric trace heating, thermo oil jacketed or steam-heated)
- Stainless steel IBC containers with UN-approval
We would be delighted to consult you on your mobile vessel requirements and on any other questions that might potentially be present.