Which storage tank design variants exist?
Storage vessels differ primarily in their stand shape, which is determined by the desired volume contained in the tank. The following variants of stainless steel storage tanks are most commonly seen:
- mobile storage vessels on wheels: offer an increased degree of flexibility, often used in the range of approx. 100 - 1000 liters (up to approx. 2000 liters are technically possible)
- mobile storage vessels on forklift-ready frame: stainless steel or PE base socket with forklift pockets for increased mobility (also common up to approx. 2000 liters)
- storage vessels / storage tanks standing on legs: most common storage tank design, with an advantageous outlet height and solid stability
- storage tanks positioned on a skirt support: Primarily common for large storage tanks starting at around 50000 liters (installed outdoor)
- storage tanks standing on a flat bottom: inexpensive production variant, today still primarily used for large storage tanks from 50000 liters upwards (sometimes also seen with an inclining flat bottom)
- horizontal storage tanks positioned on saddles: advantageous in case of low available ceiling height
- cubic storage tanks: space-saving tanks, ideal for narrow spaces
Benefits of used stainless steel storage tanks
Behälter KG offers a wide range of used stainless steel storage tanks – all of them are immediately ready for worldwide delivery and affordable in comparison to a brand-new custom-made product.
Especially if a more complex design variant is preferred, the search for a high-quality second-hand storage tank often pays off. This could include increased wall thicknesses, dished (torispherical) bottoms, or very corrosion or heat-resistant stainless-steel alloys. Further configuration options include heated storage tanks, agitated storage tanks and pressurized storage tanks. Almost all of our used storage tanks are “made in Germany” and come from production sites in the German-speaking countries. This ensures that our used tanks satisfy the highest standards in terms of welding and workmanship quality.
Used storage tanks are extremely versatile – both in terms of how they have last been used but also how they can be reused for new application fields. Most of our secondhand storage vessels are constructed in a very solid manner, e.g. tube legs, dished bottoms (torispherical bottoms) and strong wall thicknesses. This is especially appreciated by customers in the Chemical industry, to store raw materials or additives for paints & coatings, adhesives, mineral oil or other products. For pharma manufacturers, we also offer used storage vessels in the most demanding form, both qualitatively and hygienically. This includes pharma-grade surface roughness, smoothed weld seams and an extensive set of technical documentation. The majority of our storage tanks are also ideally suited for application fields in the food processing and beverage industries. This typically requires smoothed welded seams, screwed milk pipe connections (DIN 11851) and a hygienic overall appearance.
Brand new storage tanks - standardized product groups
Behälter KG has developed various standardized storage tanks that are always available pre-produced from stock. The
is a heatable or coolable storage tank that can also be equipped with an agitator if desired. We also offer high-quality brand-new
in galvanized frames, optionally with ADR approval for road transport. Our
offers you a economical storage option with the advantages of a forklift-ready base. It is available up to 1150 liters and we have a large selection of suitable agitators on stock.
Contact us if we want to get to know the entire range of our standardized storage tanks.
Custom-made storage tanks
For customers or plant engineers with special requirements, we also offer custom-made stainless-steel storage tanks, with short lead times and an attractive price point. We can manufacture in all types of stainless steel, whereby AISI 304 and AISI 316 (L) are most common.
We would be happy to make you an offer according to your specifications, simply contact us using our
Our production spectrum includes all common design variants, whereby we can build on 50 years of experience in stainless steel tank construction. The following tank configuration types are possible:
- Vertical storage tanks made in stainless steel (standing on legs or on support brackets)
- Horizontal storage tanks in stainless steel (positioned on legs or on saddles)
- Heatable or coolable storage tanks in stainless steel
- Insulated storage tanks in stainless steel
- Pressure-resistant stainless steel storage tanks